Welcome to MelocheNet. If you're interested in French-Canadian
family history, Cajun accordion music, ancient French folk instruments, cross-country
skiing, Detroit's three-hundredth anniversary, or Winter Olympic events ... then
this is the place for you.
Pass a good time!
- Meloche Family History
- For almost twelve years, I have been conducting research on the Meloche Family and
compiling data on all the descendants of an unnamed Meloche born circa 1575 in Western
France. The result is "The Meloche Legacy", an 800-page book, available
in a printed English version, and in French on CD-ROM. Both are available via an order form on this site.
- Cajun Music & Culture
- It's hard to believe that so much music comes from only twelve buttons on a Cajun
- The Culture of the Detroit River French
- For over 350 years, there has been a thriving French culture virtually within sight
of the skyscrapers of Detroit. Until recently, the language of commerce and everyday
communication was French. Here is the story of Petite Côte, known today as La Salle,
- The Bagpipes of Poitou
- Possessing a rather small chanter and only one drone, Breton pipes produce a sound
quite unlike their larger, more familiar counterparts from the Isles.
- Nordic Ski Patrol
- There is a National Ski Patrol for cross country skiers, too.
- Winter Olympics-1988
- Jim Meloche trained for the Olympic Ski Patrol and ultimately worked at a Press
Centre. Read more at this link.
||WebMaster at MelocheNet is Jim
Meloche (James Lawrence Joseph Meloche), President of L'Association des Familles
Meloche Ltd., a family history organization based in Clarkston, Michigan
USA. Here is a brief summary of his background:
- Born September 13, 1943 in La Salle (Windsor), Ontario Canada
- Emigrated to Detroit in 1949, USA Citizen
- Descendant of Pierre Meloche (1701-1760), important early citizen of Detroit
- Detroit Society for Genealogical Research, Detroit, MI
- French-Canadian Heritage Society of Michigan, Detroit, MI
- Associate, Newberry Library, Chicago, IL
- Societé franco-ontarienne d'histoire et de généalogie, Belle River, ON
- American-Canadian Genealogical Society, Manchester, NH
- Cercle Généalogique d'Aunis et de Saintonge, La Rochelle, France
- Institut Francophone de Généalogie & d'Histoire, La Rochelle, France
- Algonquin Club, Detroit, MI and Windsor, ON
- Ontario Genealogical Society, Toronto, ON
- Cajun French Music Association
- Detroit Public and Parochial Elementary Schools
- Detroit Catholic Central High School
- University of Detroit
World Class Event Participation
1988 Winter Olympics, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Press Centre Work Area Chief, Canmore Nordic Complex. Ran one of the five Olympic Press
National Ski Patrol
- Chosen, in competition, for the 1988 Olympic Ski Patrol
- Past Assistant Director, Eastern Michigan Region (one of the largest in USA)
- Senior Nordic Patroller, National # 7386
- Member, Committee for the 1994 International Convention
Electronic mail address
"Snail mail" address
163 Glenburnie Lane, Clarkston, Michigan 48346 USA
© 2006 L'Association des Familles Meloche Ltd.
March 20, 2011